Elastic Basket for my Peaches

I also have a website: www.lizhightower.com

Friday, May 19, 2006

So, I am definitely going to the big Bang!

I just realized that I haven't written in my blog in a while. There is no excuse for this.
I have been pretty busy lately. We have meetings for DTS staff every morning and every night. We get afternoons off but Monday we had a staff meeting most of the afternoon and Tuesday we had the dreaded base clean-up in the afternoon. This has made the week seem much more hectic.

We found out officially where we are going and who we are going to lead with. I am glad it turned out this way since I was already telling everyone where I was going and who I was going with. It will be good to lead with Matt since we were in DTS together and went on outreach to New Zealand. We have both seen each other at our worst. Also, we already know each other so we don't have to go through the awkward get to know you/ fake first date stage. Co-leaders always have to spend all this time together to get to know each other but Matt and I can forgo some of that. One annoying thing about co-leading with someone is that people try to match make the two of you. I am not interested in that at all.

The students are coming in two weeks. I am getting excited. I have talked to half the girls on the phone. It is hard to tell what they are actually like on the phone. I will be interested to see how accurate my first impressions are.

I have finally moved into my new room and got my stuff settled in. It is nice to be rooming with Ashley again as we were roommates for about two months before my visit home. We get along well as roommates. Our room is at the girl student house but it is set apart from the main house. The problem with that is that we have to go outside to go to the bathroom. This can be creepy late at night since we have had robberies at this house. Also we need to be careful early in the morning since the students will be eating breakfast in the car port, right outside our door. I need to make sure I am dressed appropriately.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

heck yes bangthedish. your gonna love it and its madness. piece of advice. take really loud headphones and music. the over 5 hour bus rides are bareably this way.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...