Elastic Basket for my Peaches

I also have a website: www.lizhightower.com

Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Ending the Blog Drought

Wow, I have been quite the blog slacker without even realizing it. Most of my time has been spent getting ready for the DTS students to come. I have been reading 1 Samuel lately. It is definitely one of my favorite books of the old Testament. I recently read the part where the Lord calls Saul to be king. Even though as far as physical stature goes, Saul, is the obvious choice, he is scared. When it comes time to announce the next king, Saul is nowhere to be found. It turns out he is hiding in the luggage. He is about to be named king and he is hiding.

I feel like that sometimes with responsibility. I get nervous or feel I am not up to the task. At those times, hiding in the luggage sounds like a great idea. I am excited about being a DTS leader but as the students start arriving (starting tomorrow), I am tempted to hide. I obviously won't and I think this experience will be great but it is a lot more responsibility than I have had in a long time. At least when I feel this weak, I know it can only be God getting the job done.

I got a three-day weekend this weekend. It was a nice little vacation before the chaos begins. There were some swiss people staying on base and we took them to Kihei. Our group was too big to hitch together so we split up. The other people got a normal ride from a French tourist while my group ended up with a car full of people drinking and smoking pot. What luck! Then we all got a ride together in a wind surfing van. In Kihei, I got to see Cherish and Laura, my friends from my DTS. It was good times. With DTS people, you can just pick up like no time has passed. It is the same way with camp friends and I just love those kind of friends.

On the way back from Kihei we all got a hitch back together in the back of a pick-up truck. It was great because we hadn't even really been trying to get picked up yet and then the guy took us all the way home. Pretty sweet!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...