Elastic Basket for my Peaches

I also have a website: www.lizhightower.com

Sunday, May 21, 2006

Bye Bye Media

Starting tomorrow my DTS school leader is making us have a three day media fast. This means we can't watch movies or tv, listen to music, read magazines or non-Christian books or use the computer/the internet. It is only for three days but I think it will be tough. I am sure it will be good for me to focus instead of distracting myself with my toys. So, I won't be answering emails for the next few days. Luckily I can still use my cell phone.

This weekend I went to another baby shower. This was for another one of the base wives, Libby. This will be their first, so it is really exciting. I won another shower game. I am getting the hang of the baby shower circuit. This game was where you divide into teams of two and write down a boy and girl name for each letter of the alphabet. The mom to be picks her favorite. Amy was obviously my partner and we spanked the competion. We were rewarded with earrings.

Amy and I have discovered that praying before hitching is beneficial. Since we started praying, we haven't gotten any pot smoking, alcohol drinking, acid dropping, leering, speeding, used to be incarcerated rides.

Last night I learned an important lesson. I drank an energy drink last night so I was afraid I wouldn't be able to fall asleep. I decided to counteract the effects of the caffeine by taking two benedryls. This was not smart. I went to bed around 1:30am and had to wake up at 8 for church. I woke up feeling dizzy and almost fell out of bed. I felt like I was still asleep. I was in a fog until some intense napping after church. I felt I could sleep forever.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...