Elastic Basket for my Peaches

I also have a website: www.lizhightower.com

Saturday, May 06, 2006

About to get busy... not that kind of "get busy"

I can be a sporadic blogger at times. I will write everyday and then I forget for a few days. That's probably good because no one wants to read my thoughts everyday.

I had another celebrity sighting. The other day, Amy and I were walking down the hill in our town and spied Kelly Osborne. I recognized her right away even though she has lost a lot of weight. After I saw Owen Wilson, I had come up with this plan where I would just say, "Hey, (insert celebrity name here) as I walked by to show that I knew who they were but I wasn't going to pee my pants in excitement. Well, Kelly should have been my first chance but she looked pissed and I lost my nerve. Next time, though, I will do it. I adapted this celebrity greeting idea after hearing about my friend, Sam, who saw Ice Cube and said, "sup, Ice?" Classy!

Today it has rained all day. Usually in Maui it rains and then sunshine appears, rain and then sunshine. Not today, though. It is the kind of day where you want to stay inside and watch a movie. We watched the old John Candy movie, The Great Outdoors. Good times!

I am supposed to be moving soon. I have lived in the cooler of the two girls' staff houses for the last eight months but now that I am going to be DTS staff, I am moving into the girl students' house. But the DTS students aren't here yet so the only people in the house are the three School of Worship girls. My old/new roommate, Ashley got back from Thailand yesterday. We were roommates for a couple months before I went home and will be again since we are both DTS leaders. She has moved into our little dungeon-like room at the girl DTS house but I am taking my time. The room is small and she found a giant spider in there last night. Also my main friends live in the house I am in now. I do need to just move my stuff to my new place. I figure I will just sleep there and still hang out at my old house. It is right next door. Also, when the students come, I will hang out with them but that's not for another month.

I am starting training on Monday. It will be weird to start being busy since I have been a slacker lately. I will mainly be busy in the mornings and nights and have the afternoons off. I would rather have nights off but I will survive. I still get weekends off. Also my friend, Katie H, just made a plane ticket to come visit me in the middle of June. Hooray! I am pumped!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...