Elastic Basket for my Peaches

I also have a website: www.lizhightower.com

Monday, May 01, 2006

Relationship stuff

I want to express my opinion about dating here at YWAM Maui. People here have different opinions about how it goes down. The way I see it, you can't casually date here. We live together, eat together, work together. You will see that person so much and if it doesn't work out, the potential for awkwardness is incredible. I would never start dating someone here unless I thought there was a serious chance we could get married. And I don't see that happening any time soon or ever. Also, we are all friends by default. I think that when you start dating a friend, it gets serious right away. So, there again goes the idea that you can casually date. You just can't.

This can be a great place to meet a mate but you have to be serious right away. There is currently a girl on staff who is kind of on the prowl. This rubs all the other girls the wrong way. Not smart!

God taught me some stuff the other day. I was rereading the story of God's promise to Abraham. I didn't realize that it took 25 years between God promising Abraham a son and Isaac's birth. That is a long time. God was still promising him over and over again during that time but I can totally understand why he would doubt. Then he took matters into his own hands and slept with his wife's servant to create Ishmael. Despite this, God still blesses Abraham.

I feel that through that prophecy in January, God has promised me that I will get married and have a family someday. I need to trust Him and know that He will make it happen His way. I have met guys that really liked me, really wanted to get married in the near future and would make amazing husbands. I could settle for one of those just to get married like Abraham did when he had Ishmael but if I hold out for God's best, He will fulfill His promise. I need to stand back and not try to make anything happen on my own.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...