Elastic Basket for my Peaches

I also have a website: www.lizhightower.com

Thursday, September 01, 2005

Diary of a happy white woman

I got a car!!!!!!!!!! Whoohoo! I was looking for a car that could hold a lot of people and stuff, was an automatic and would not break down a lot. Oh, yeah and it needed to be $1500 or less. I found a 93 dark green 4x4 Explorer with a cd player and surf racks for $1400. I pretty much bought it on the spot. I did have some of the boys on base check it out first.

Today I spent the morning in the Maui equivalent to a DPS. It took an hour and a half, which wouldn't have been as bad if I hadn't brought my friend, Terry along. I felt bad that he had to just sit there. All I need to do is get it inspected and I can't do that till my insurance card comes in the mail. The freedom a car gives you here is incredible. Without one, I would have to hitchhike everywhere not in our little town. Sometimes it is nice to just be able to go somewhere and be alone.

I worked more today. I cleaned the offices and cleaned the office bedroom. I also got to distribute toilet paper. Whoohoo! Basically it seems my job will involve a range of duties related to both housing and housekeeping. Nothing seems too hard and maybe this will improve my cleaning skills for when I get married. Having a maid most of my life means I am not the best cleaner.

So, other than a severe lack of love life, I am doing pretty darn well. Sometimes I am afraid that I will always be doomed to have great guys like me that I don't like in that way. And the ones I do like, don't seem to like me or at least not like me very consistently. Oh well. Who am I to complain? I do live in Hawaii right now.

1 comment:

Liz "Hot Stuff" Hightower said...

Feel free to leave me comments. It would be nice to know if anyone was even reading my ramblings.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...