Elastic Basket for my Peaches

I also have a website: www.lizhightower.com

Sunday, June 18, 2006

Weekend Adventures

I feel like life is just going non-stop these days. I have had an ear infection for a week and a half and I think that may be contributing to my moodiness. Tomorrow I am going to try to get a doctor's appt. Despite my busyness, I did have fun this weekend. I got to talk to some of my favorite people from the mainland, which is always a bonus.

On Friday afternoon, I decided to take Katie hiking since I had sort of neglected her because of my busy schedule. I took her to the Bamboo Forest. I was concerned that I would not be able to find it since my memory of it was that the entrance was just a random opening in the brush on the side of the road. Well, I found the entrance just fine but my memory definitely failed me when I got on the trail. Looking back, I think we probably spent about five minutes on the actual trail before we got hideously lost. We joked around for a bit about our free-style hiking. We climbed over and under "jungle gyms" made of giant gnarled tree limbs. We could not find the trail again and after several hours of being lost but okay about it, we were no longer feeling so good. We could hear cars through the brush and decided we should head towards that noise even though we could not really see where we would be ending up. I did not realize that we were basically setting ourselves up to scale a cliff. In an example of amazing fortitude, I managed to reach the top and I ended up on the road. Katie was not blessed in the height department and did not make it to the top. So, I was next to the car without keys wondering if Katie was going to make it out alive. I finally decided to head to the river to see if I could find her. Luckily I found her and we made it out alive. Katie came out alive but covered in mosquito bites. Her legs look like she has a severe case of chicken pox. Amazing!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...