Elastic Basket for my Peaches

I also have a website: www.lizhightower.com

Sunday, June 25, 2006

The Amy Kirk Weight Loss Program

I have started trying to become more healthy/ get in better shape. Amy used to train for fitness shows with a personal trainer so she knows how to train me with weights at the gym. And lately I have decided to be more careful about what I eat. I try to make good eating decisions all week until Saturday, glorious Saturday when I get to eat whatever I want. How I love cheat day! No guilt. Yesterday I began my day with gummy bears and a doughnut.

People say I look like I have lost weight although the scale says the same thing it has for a while. That's why I hate scales. Anyway, I think the perceived change in my appearance is because I am exchanging fat for muscle. Either that or there is a base-wide conspiracy to butter me up for some reason.

Right now on base, there is a group of Amy followers. Amy is my best friend here so our relationship is different. But a bunch of people on base see her as this diet/ fitness guru. It's pretty funny. Currently Amy has gone back on her fitness show training meal plan in order to fit into an awkwardly styled blue bridesmaid dress she is wearing in her best friend's wedding. She believes losing weight will make the dress look less awkward. I happen to think the dress will look weird no matter what.

Anyway, several girls on base are following this meal plan now too. I personally can't handle it. It is a very planned and regimented diet with lots of cottage cheese, salads and tuna. I get slightly depressed when I have no say in what I eat. Anyone who has gone to a convience store with me on a road trip can attest to my unpredictable taste in snacks. For my own morale's sake, this strict choice-less plan is not for me. The other girls seem pretty into it and Amy is constantly fielding questions like "How many grapes can I have in my tuna?" or "Can I substitute oatmeal for the morning protein shake?" It is pretty amusing to me. Amy should start charging for the use of her diet consultation services. She could have her own line of pre-packaged mini-meals and create a line of lulu lemon workout gear. (A Canadian brand she constantly sports)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...