Elastic Basket for my Peaches

I also have a website: www.lizhightower.com

Friday, March 03, 2006

I am a blogging fiend!

So this is like three days in a row of blogging. Look at me! I think this means I am a dork but I am not sure.

Oh well, I like to write. What can I say? Yesterday I took some of our students to a hospital/clinic to get vaccinations. I volunteered because I wanted extra hang-out time with the students but I had to miss dinner. Korean chicken! That's some good food. Luckily I got a reliable DTS student to save me some.

The hospital place was really far away. It looked like a scene from a movie. The building was old and antique looking with beautifully manicured grounds. To top it off, there was a peacock inexplicably walking around. That's right, a peacock. So strange. It felt like a deserted mental hospital/rehab place. It was after hours so no one was around. This further contributed to the bizarre feel of the place.

After the students got shot, we heard a lengthy talk about the dangers of malaria and sexually transmitted diseases like Hepatitis. Then we rushed back down the volcano to get the students to their night lecture.

One of our girls, Jill, went home last night. Her older brother is missing and has left suicide notes around. They don't know where he is and he is feared dead. Please pray for them. She is planning on coming back here and continuing her DTS and then going to Bangladesh. I really hope everything turns out for the best.

Tonight is graduation. This is a chance for us to dress fancy and eat good food. We are having it catered by a local lady and it is supposed to be awesome. I know there will be a chocolate fondue fountain so it will be good by default.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...