Elastic Basket for my Peaches

I also have a website: www.lizhightower.com

Sunday, March 05, 2006

Coasting down the volcano

This weekend felt long. This was not in a bad way but there was a lot of stuff going on. On Friday night we had graduation. It was good except that we ran out of food. People kept inviting other people to the graduation so the caterer had constantly changing numbers. She almost cried when she ran out of food. We reassured her and showed her grace. She is not a Christian and it was good to show her that we were not mad at her. My theory is that some of the parents gorged themselves. There were two chocolate fountains that did not run out. That seems to be a more important detail anyway. Who needs real food when you have chocolate literally flowing? I know that I don't. I am the one who pioneered the fondue fountain technique of actually sticking my plate into the fondue. I skip the dipping and go straight to the good stuff. I must admit that I always feel pretty sick after some quality time at the fondue fountain. It is worth it, though.

I am going to miss these students a lot. There are several of my favorites that I did not get to say goodbye to but I figure it is easier that way anyway. Sometimes goodbyes are too much. And in the YWAM world, who knows when you will get to see them again but the chances are good.

One of our current students is Jill whose brother was feared dead. She went home to be with the family and while she was there, his body was found under a bridge. So sad! My heart hurts for her. She is still supposed to be coming back. I think she is planning on being there about two weeks. Apparently her family supportd her coming back to Maui even though they aren't Christians. Please pray for all of them during this tragic time.

Yesterday Kristy, Amy (of course) and I went to Kaanapali-the resort place on the other side of the island. It was painfully cloudy and cold. Not cool. Kristy felt guilty about hanging out at the Hyatt pool so she laid out on the beach. Amy and I have no shame and claimed lounge chairs right by the pool. Some sketchy hotel guest tried to hit on us so we made up personal info about ourselves. We said we were from Minnesota- funny for a girl from Toronto and a girl from Texas. We told him we had never been to Maui and that the day before we rode bikes down the volcano. This is probably the lamest tourist activity in our opinions. We see the poor tourists riding past our house twice a day. Just coasting and coasting.

Then at night we had a rousing game of Loaded Questions. I just love that game.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...