Elastic Basket for my Peaches

I also have a website: www.lizhightower.com

Sunday, April 25, 2010

Pray for NASA

This post isn't really related to my ministry in Maui/Asia but is an issue near and dear to my heart. I grew up in Clear Lake, a suburb of Houston that developed around NASA. Most of my friends' parents worked for NASA or Exxon. I knew several kids whose dads were astronauts and one of those astronauts was even my Sunday school teacher. A large percentage of people who go to the church I grew up in work for NASA. Some of my supporters, family friends, church friends and high school classmates work there right now. My best friend, Sarah and her husband, John both work in mission control.

I say all that to show that I have a close connection with NASA. As far as I know, Obama has cut funding to some of NASA's programs. Unless something changes, NASA will only work on the International Space Station, no longer launching its own shuttles but paying Russia to essentially hitchhike on theirs. If this happens, many people that I care about will lose their jobs. I feel especially bad for Sarah who basically has her dream job now and has never wanted to do anything else. Please pray for all the people who work at NASA. Pray for peace for them and their families as their jobs are in limbo. Pray that Obama will do the right thing concerning NASA, whatever that may be.

Thanks

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...