Elastic Basket for my Peaches

I also have a website: www.lizhightower.com

Thursday, May 03, 2007

Busy Busy

It's crazy to me how I have already filled up my weekly schedule and I've only been out of Hawaii for a little over a month. This week I have worked over 30 hours, went to the Astros game, went to YoungLife club and went to the gym multiple times. Yesterday was crazy as I had to be at work at 7am. It was a bit like death as I don't like to wake up in the sixes. Then I was at work until 6:30pm. I went home for literally five minutes before I headed across town to our last YoungLife club. Then I didn't get home from YoungLife until 11pm. I didn't know how I was going to make it towards the end of my shift at work but once I got to hang out with the Young Life kids, I didn't feel so worn out. I don't know how someone could just work retail without doing something to give back. It is hard to feel like you're making a difference when selling cds and surfboards.

Every YoungLife club gets better for me because I get to know the kids' names better. I wish I was one of those people who can just remember names immediately. I remember there was a YoungLife leader in high school named Elisa, who I barely knew. She remembered my name after one short meeting and remembered it years later. That meant a lot to me. I want to be like that.

It's too bad that this was the last club. We are having a car wash on Sunday to raise money for the kids to go to camp. Camp will be the best chance to get to know kids and it is stinkin' fun! Unfortunately it is at the same time as the gulf coast teacher job fair. I am anxious about getting a job and I know I could get one if I went. But I really feel called to YoungLife and I think I am supposed to go to camp. I have thought about doing YoungLife full-time but I also feel the Lord has called me to teaching. I wish He would just throw a job at me but that probably wouldn't teach me patience. I keep learning or not learning that lesson over and over and over again.

This weekend I was going to drive with my brother and his wife to Colorado but now they aren't leaving until Sunday and I have to work on Monday. Instead I am going to San Antonio to hang out with them. We are hoping to go to Schlitterbahn or Fiesta Texas, weather permitting. It should be good times and I will be able to go to church and the YoungLife car wash on Sunday. I am thinking of wearing a string bikini to the car wash to raise more money. We all have to make sacrifices for the Lord, right? Maybe that's not what He had in mind.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...