Elastic Basket for my Peaches

I also have a website: www.lizhightower.com

Thursday, March 22, 2007

Leaving Sucks

I am getting really sad about leaving. Last week, I was focusing on some uncertain situations at home. Now, all I can think about is how sad I am to leave. All my other worries have faded away. I love these people here so much. I understand my life here and enjoy it. I am excited to go home but there is still a lot of uncertainty about how exactly my life will look there. I need to get a car, a job, a church and many other things. I know I am supposed to go home and that it will all work out but I hate not knowing all the details.

With that said, what is really getting to me is the leaving Maui and all these friends part. Tonight we had girls' staff growth group and they prayed for me and said nice things about me. It was nice but I was barely able to hold in the tears. Tomorrow there is a going away party for me at the base. There will be more sharing of nice things as well as snacks.

I should probably be packing more but my general denial of leaving makes that difficult. I seem to have accumulated an abnormally large collection of misc. stuff. I plan on giving lots of stuff away but it will still be a stretch to get it all home.

I am giving my website to some of my friends here so I will no longer have it. I will be posting pictures on a photo sharing website. Here is the link:

http://picasaweb.google.com/cloudhair

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...