Elastic Basket for my Peaches

I also have a website: www.lizhightower.com

Friday, October 13, 2006

Glorious guests and glorious rests

We have guests from Maui with us right now. They are Maria, who is my boss-type person and her best friend, Holly. It has been so good for me to have them here. I am definitely emotionally exhausted. Having older but not too old, Christian women that I know here to talk to and process with has given me a feeling of relief.

Kelli has another infection and had to stay overnight in the hospital. It would have been so much harder without Maria and Holly here. I am sick with a sinus infection. Fortunately I feel a lot better than I sound. I sound like a frog going through puberty. I also have one of those coughs that startle people. I had been feeling slightly sick for almost a month and I think it was becuase my head was filling up with all the stuff I am blowing out and coughing up. That's enough bodily function talk, but I think once I am over this I will be better than I was before. The best part of the voice malfunction is that I won't be able to teach English. I like doing it but the other day I had to teach three classes with no lesson plans and one was after one minute's notice. I need an English teaching break.

Maria and Holly are treating me to a night at the Sheraton Hotel. It is very fancy and does not feel like Bangladesh. It is so nice to get away from my responsibilities for a little while. My brother left for Iraq but I haven't had much time to think about it. That is probably a good and a bad thing. Please pray for his wife. I fear I will get rambly if I continue so I am out.

Continue to pray for Kelli whose bilological mom died and Rachel whose cousin died last week.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...