Elastic Basket for my Peaches

I also have a website: www.lizhightower.com

Saturday, March 10, 2007

Dreaming of Beyonce

In the last two weeks I have had two dreams about Beyonce Knowles. I have no idea. I have never been one to have prophetic dreams but maybe she and I will meet. In the first dream, she was with the other members of Destiny's Child at a hotel after their concert in Houston. We were all hanging out and I got them to sing "Bug A Boo" to me.

The second dream was that I was in a liquor store with my friends, Laura Cole and Sarah Olthuis and Beyonce was there as well. She was having a hard time because she felt too much pressure to put out another hit. I tried to reassure her about all the other successes she'd had in the past. I also reminded her of her current hit song, "Irreplaceable." Beyonce was still feeling stressed and upset so she put her head in my lap and I stroked her hair to comfort her. So weird, huh?

On a non-Beyonce related note, I am going to be in my seventh wedding! My friend, Abbey is marrying fellow Maui Ywamer, Wil Brilinger. They are getting married on April 21 and only got engaged a week ago. This does not leave much time for planning. Abbey is one of the funniest brides-to-be that I have ever been around. She is so relaxed and chill about all the wedding decisions- maybe a little too relaxed. It has been fun to help her plan. The wedding will be in Canada and Abbey just realized that an outdoor wedding is out of the question in Canada in April. She is from Alabama and always pictured a beach wedding. That's not going to happen in Ontario either.

She found out that Wil wanted to have five groomsmen and wasn't sure who her five bridesmaids would be. I suggested myself and she thought that was a great idea. I pretty much invited myself to be in the wedding. Then she decided on Bethany and Amy because they are friends and because they are likely to be able to attend the wedding since they are from that part of Canada. She asked a friend from home to be her maid of honor. And then Kristy said she might come since she was already planning on being in Toronto then. Now she is a bridesmaid too even though she and Abbey barely know each other. The only real bridesmaid qualifications are a black dress and a plane ticket to Toronto. So funny! I think the whole thing will be a blast and I can't wait to go. I love weddings anyway and this one is shaping up to be a fun one. I am sure it will provide some good material for the book I have been trying to write.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...