Elastic Basket for my Peaches

I also have a website: www.lizhightower.com

Thursday, April 13, 2006

Training for free

I think I am finally out of my post-home funk. I have felt pretty homesick this past week. I got to talk to some of my friends on the phone which you would think might make things worse but actually made things better. It's like I get a little home fix when I talk to my home friends.

Amy and I have been working out like crazy. We went seven days in a row and then we decided that we should probably take today off. We actually went walking in the morning because we are pretty addicted to this whole exercise thing. We are hardcore because going to the gym means hitchhiking and since it keeps raining here, it is a wet time. Amy is very good at manipulating people. That is how my rental car got upgraded from a Dodge Neon to a convertible PT cruiser. Her latest conquest has been figuring out how to get this trainer guy at the gym to train us for free. He is a nice guy who may or may not have a crush on her. This doesn't really matter since the only place we see him is at the gym and he is not inappropriate. Yesterday, he led us through an arm workout. It was good. Then, when we were hitching home, he picked us up. Not a bad person to know.

Today Amy and I went to a Bible study at her friend, Moana's house. Moana is a great Christian lady who happens to be a millionaire. Her house in Maui overlooks the whole island and is really cool and funky as it was designed by her artist husband. The Bible study consisted of me, Amy, Moana, Holly-used to be a YWAMer, Melissa-current YWAMer, and four of Moana's friends. It was good times. We also ate a lovely feast of Salmon patties and pineapple afterwards. That sure beats Build A Whatever, which is what we likely had on base. For lunch we usually build a sandwich, build a wrap, build a burrito, or build a salad. That is of course unless we have taco salad day or tomato soup and grilled cheese day.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...