Elastic Basket for my Peaches

I also have a website: www.lizhightower.com

Thursday, April 06, 2006

Good bye bluebonnets, hello plumerias!

I am back in Hawaii. It is weird. It is much stranger than I expected. Actually I did not expect it to be weird at all. But, alas it is. I have been trying to put my finger on why things are weird because this feeling is quite disconcerting. The conclusion I have come to so far is that three weeks at home was too long. It allowed me to become too attached to home and the amazing people I have there. When I am here, I am loosely attached to home and tightly attached to Maui. Then when I went home I became tightly attached to home and lightly attached to Maui.

I know I am supposed to be here and that I am supposed to go to Bangladesh in August but it sure doesn't feel like it right now. I miss home quite a bit. It doesn't help that the students left for outreach while I was gone as did many of my friends here. Luckily, Amy, my best friend here, is around to hang out with me in my melancholy. When I come home at Christmas I need to make it a shorter trip because this is hard.

I have posted home pics on my website so check it out: www.ywamconnect.com/sites/hightower

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...