Elastic Basket for my Peaches

I also have a website: www.lizhightower.com

Sunday, April 30, 2006

Shout Out to Lil' Joe Morrow

This weekend has been pretty good so far. I still have a small list of things I have not yet accomplished but it is not even noon yet so I have hope.

I want to give a shout-out to Zach and Erin Morrow. I have confirmation that they had a baby boy about a week and a half ago named Joseph Robert or "Lil' Joe" as I have decided to call him. I can't wait to see pictures especially since his uncle, Lee claims he is particularly well-endowed. Congrats to the Morrow family.

Kari, Amy and I went to the mall on Friday night to see our new friend, May Lee. She is in our Bible Study and seems really fun. She works as a make-up artist and at the MAC make-up counter. She gave Kari and Amy make-overs but ran out of time before she got to me. I didn't mind since we were going to the gym afterwards and I knew I would just sweat it off.

After the gym, we had one of the craziest hitches I have ever had. This guy picks us up and soon after asks if any of us know how to roll a cigarette. None of us know how so he asks Kari to take the wheel while he does it himself. Kari holds the wheel as he is rolling the cigarette and not looking at the road at all. He is continuing to accelerate with his eyes at his lap. Kari warns him just in time not to hit a car in front of us. SCARY! I made sure to fasten my seatbelt. He finally finishes rolling the cigarette and takes control of the wheel. He starts to tell Kari about his ten years in prison. This is all happening with the Tupac Greatest Hits cd blaring in the background. Amy and I sat in the back, laughing at the absurdity of it all but also filled with fear. Luckily we made it home safe and sound. I want my car to hurry up and get fixed so I don't have to experience any more near-death experiences.

Yesterday morning, some of us participated in a community clean-up day and cleaned the main street of our town. It was pretty dirty. I think this is something YWAM should at least do every couple of months. It is needed and it shows our community that we care. At one point, I was with our base director's six year-old son, Timmy. He found an almost full 40 oz bottle of alcohol. He kept trying to get me to let him take a drink. I told him he would be arrested if the police saw him and that the stuff was kind of like poision. I didn't know how else to explain it to a 1st grader.

Last night we went to a carnival. It was not as cool as I had hoped. It was very crowded with families and junior high kids. Gena and I rode the Zipper and she won a mini stuffed monkey. The carnies there were not near as good as those on the mainland. There were a few traditionally gnarly looking ones but most were just local Hawaiians. I did get to snap a few good mullet pictures. Always a pleasure.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...