Elastic Basket for my Peaches

I also have a website: www.lizhightower.com

Sunday, February 14, 2010

Blessings of the Automotive Kind

I am typing this on my Blackberry, which is not ideal but my computer is having some issues so this is the best way for me to make a blog post right now.

I wanted to share a bit about my car blessing. I recently received a bonus from the school district I worked for last year. It was based on my students' performance on last year's standardized tests. Apparently they did pretty well, because after the government stole 1/3 of it, I still had a decent chunk of money. This was a huge blessing because I really wanted to get a car when I returned to Maui.

Wasting no time, I bought a car on Friday. It is a bluish green 2000 Toyota Corolla. I actually used to have a white 2000 Corolla so I am pretty familiar with this model. I brought Jason, a friend who's good with cars to inspect it, hoping to avoid the drama I had with my Ford Explorer.

The woman who sold it to me was a Christian and familiar with YWAM. She was happy to sell it to me. So far, I have already driven it a lot. It's a bit of a novelty so I don't mind doing favors for people even if I have to go out of my way a bit.

I am so thankful for this blessing! I hope I can be a good steward of this gift during my time here.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...