Elastic Basket for my Peaches

I also have a website: www.lizhightower.com

Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Poetic Pooping

I live with two roommates and two cats. The cats aren't mine and I don't pay much attention to them in general. When I got home from Austin on Monday, I discovered that my roommate, Katie's cat, Samantha had pooped on my TAKS workbook. Lately I have felt a lot of frustration about all the pressure put on myself and my students to pass the TAKS test. It was as if Samantha was agreeing with my disdain for TAKS. I couldn't really be mad at Samantha. I would have done the same if it were socially acceptable. Her gesture was almost poetic. Again, I wasn't mad, that is until I noticed that she had also pooped in my bed. Now, there is nothing poetic about that! Nothing!!!!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...