Elastic Basket for my Peaches

I also have a website: www.lizhightower.com

Thursday, June 22, 2006

Bye bye Katie

So, my life is hectic! I know I say that a lot but it is. Katie H can attest to that! I am sad that I didn't get to spend as much time with her as I would have liked. When we scheduled her visit, I hadn't started DTS staffing so I didn't know what my time would be like. I got to spend a little time with her but a majority of her time was spent with "babysitters." I hooked her up (not that kind of hook-up) with various friends of mine with less crazy schedules. She went with Abbey to Hana, the beach with Bethany and to the gym several times with Amy. Katie was so good and didn't make me feel guilty for not having a lot of time for her. She was super-flexible and made some new friends.

I got really stressed out when I wasn't allowed to take her to the airport because we had a coffee night with the returning teams. I even started crying. Amy took her for me, which was nice. Almost every night I have had something I have to do. Next week is New Hearts week. This is the most intense week, as the students deal with emotional issues. And right after that, I get to see Andrew for about 48 hours. That's better than nothing.

I think this post may have sounded negative but I am really happy. I know this is where God wants me. I just have to stop trying to do things myself and surrender myself to God. It is easier said than done.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...