Elastic Basket for my Peaches

I also have a website: www.lizhightower.com

Monday, April 09, 2007

Texas Time

I have now been in Texas almost two weeks. Weird. It feels odd but normal. Things seem to be falling into place decently. I have a car. I am going back to work at my old job, Soundwaves until my teaching job will start. They made it sound like they weren't sure if they had room for me but then they tried to get me to work right away. I haven't worked there yet but I am looking forward to going back, esp since I know it won't be for that long. I am excited to see all the old people again.

I already had an interview for a teaching job. I have a lot of connections to the school and I think the interview went well. I am not getting my hopes up too high since they may not have the right opening or they might get more qualified applicants. It seems like a great school to work at so I hope it works out. As long as I am flexible, I am sure I will find something.

I am still having withdrawls after living in community. I used to have to choose to be alone and now I choose to hang out with people. I prefer it the other way. There is a lot less effort involved. My family is way over in cell phone minutes so I can't answer my phone before 9pm. It's annoying but it would be a lot worse if I was still in Maui. THen I couldn't talk to people until 2am Houston time.

I am doing a lot of traveling this weekend. I enjoy road trips so it should be fun times. I miss being able to drive far and fast since neither were possible in Maui.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...