Elastic Basket for my Peaches

I also have a website: www.lizhightower.com

Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Back to Soundwaves

Today was a busy day especially compared to the last two days, which I had off. I started working at Soundwaves again today and then I had YoungLife at night. I wasn't sure what it would be like to go back to Soundwaves after a year and a half, but it was good. A lot of people I know still work there. It seems there is always basically the same core group of responsible people and then there is the revolving door of irresponsible, my first job, just here for the discount, lazy surfer types.

Despite their initial reluctance to take me back, they have made me a manager again. This is good because it means I tell people to do the crappy parts of the job instead of having to do them myself. I am going to have to be careful not to spend all my money on stuff at the store. There is a lot I want and I get a 35% discount. I am limiting myself to one thing a week. There was once talk of me having a lifetime discount so I will be able to get the discount when I am a teacher. That'd be cool.

Apparently one of the other managers, Jenny, has a stalker. This guy took a liking to her when she served him coffee. Apparently he later got on one knee and proposed. We've discovered that he is a paranoid schizaphrenic. He writes Jenny notes but calls her by different names. The letters tell of how he will support them once they're married. We called the cops and we are supposed to call 911 if he comes in the store. Pretty weird. Hopefully I am not there when he makes an appearance. Or maybe I want to be there. I do like drama.

YoungLife today was not the usual. We had a scavenger hunt where we had to take pics in various locations posing with an inflatable shark. It was fun and the kids got really into it. My team won, naturally. I got pretty into and I was driving a bit eratically in order to win. It was like I was on the Amazing Race but instead of winning a million dollars, I got a brownie. It was good to try to remember more of the kids' names. It is hard to come in at the end of the year because all the kids and leaders already know each other. Going to camp will definitely help me to get to know them better.

One funny note from YoungLife today: One of our leaders is this big muscular black guy named Bronson. He is an awesome guy. He's great with the kids and I am so thankful that we have him on our team. Anyway, he has the funniest phone ring. His ring is the Michelle Branch song, Everywhere. It is just hilarious to hear this incredibly girly ring go off on this large black man's phone. I die laughing everytime I hear it. Today it went off during club and all the kids laughed at him and rightfully so.

Tomorrow I am taking yet another road trip. I am certainly making the most of my new car. I am going to visit my brother in San Antonio. He should be heading back to Colorado soon and then Iraq May 20, so I need to get as much Andrew time as possible. It's definitely worth the six hour round trip.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...