Elastic Basket for my Peaches

I also have a website: www.lizhightower.com

Saturday, January 01, 2011

My Ideal Man

I've been pretty busy with my family in town but it's time to get back on the blog train.
Our base has been reading through the Bible in chronological order this year. This has been good for me. I am always more purposeful and intentional about reading through the Bible when I have a plan. Recently I was reading in Titus about the qualifications for a man to be an elder or leader in a church. I quickly realize that they are good husband qualifications as well. So, if I was going to create a personal ad based on those qualifications, this is what it might look like:

SWF, 29 seeking SM who is blameless, not overbearing, not quick-tempered, not given to drunkenness, not violent, not pursuing dishonest gain, hospitable, loves what is good, self-controlled, upright, holy, disciplined, of a firm faith, encouragement to others, knowledge of sound doctrine and able to defend the faith.

Now if we just add funny, sporty and cocky, you pretty much have my dream man. Let me know if you know anyone who fits the bill.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey Liz! I like this post! Post more often! I'm sure you're life is pretty exciting right now, what with moving thousands of miles and everything--but I want blog updates! :)

Sincerely,
an old roommate
Emily S.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...